Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Job offer #3... and in just 7 days!

I am sure you all now know that I have accepted a full time position, but this post is just for the background on how it happened and such.

On Monday I had my first day with Little Prodigies. I was subbing in the 6 wks - 6 mos room. I totally loved it. I really enjoyed the co-workers, the administration, and the kids. While I was working, RBA called me several times. When I called back the assistant director told me about a full time opening they had in the 3-4 year old pre-school room. I told them before I could agree to anything I would want to experience the children and then daily schedule first. That is exactly what I did today. I met and interacted with the kids, learned about their schedule, and found out any details I didn't have already. I enjoyed the experience and felt confident I would be able to handle toe position. I talked over some details with the director and assistant director and told them I would have an answer for them by the end of the day. 

After careful consideration and many conversations with Mom, Dad, Allen, and Paige, I decided that it was a great opportunity and I wasn't going to pass it up. 

Here are some things I (think) I will be doing...

- Story reading
- Teaching colors, letters, shapes, and numbers
- Visual art
- Supervising breakfast, lunch, and snack time
- Communicating with parents daily about his/her child
- (My personal favorite): nap time!

This position will also give me some freedom about how I teach the material. That means I will be able to use my dance education training. Three and four year olds have a ton of energy. Wearing them out with creative movement sounds like a great plan.

I start first thing tomorrow. I will get home before rush hour and have the afternoon to decompress. I am very excited about that. 

Allen and I went out to dinner to celebrate. We were able to use the Longhorn giftcard that Allen's parents gave him. (Thanks Pratt parents!!!) Then he took me to Dairy Queen for a sweet treat. As a side note, can I mention how much I love the mini size Blizzards?! They are the perfect size! I digress... We are currently watching SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance). They have dedicated the night to Mia Michaels. Double excitement! She is my favorite current era choreographer and I had the opportunity to meet her a few years ago... SEE: 


So thank you everyone for your continued well wishes and positive support. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment