Thursday, August 9, 2012

I got a job... two actually!

Well ladies and gents, your well wishes worked!! Within the past 24-ish hours I have been offered two jobs!! That's right, two! Let me catch you up on each one...

Job #1: I saw a Craigslist ad for a substitute teacher position at Little Prodigies on Friday night. LP is an arts based child care center that has kids from 6 weeks to five years old. I sent an email right away. I waited and waited and waited for a response. Nothing. So I decided to stop by on Tuesday to drop off a hard copy of my resume and my Philosophy of Education. Unfortunately, I just missed the director by abut thirty minutes. So, the woman I was talking to said the best bet would be to come by the next day. I did just that on Wednesday! I went in, met the director and assistant director, gave them my papers and had a little chat. The director was interested right away and said that as long as my background check came up clean, that I was in! Today I dropped off my clean (duh) background check. So now I just wait for a call. Most of the time, I will know a week in advance when they need me. But because I live so close, they may also call me the morning of asking for my help. She said that while I was around, I may even be able to do some dance and creative movement with the older kids. Hooray!

Job #2: The same day LP posted an ad on Craigslist, Rocky Branch Academy posted one too. I printed off an application and took it to the academy on Tuesday. I met with the director. She said she would pass my information along to the assistant director and they would call me the next day to set up an interview. I did get a call the next day and was able to do my interview that afternoon. The interview, which was not very interview like went well. She had me go into the infant room for about thirty minutes to learn more about that position. About an hour later, the director told me to expect a call from them either that night or the next day. Today I got a call from the assistant director. They asked me if I would be willing to substitute for them starting immediately. I, of course, said yes. I start on Monday with their after school program.

I am excited about each position. Although neither of them will be a consistant job with a steady schedule, it will still provide me a chance to either move up within each company or see what else is available.

Jobs in the work: I have sent in all the paperwork needed to become a substitute teacher for Oconee County Schools. Everything should get there in time to allow me to attend the September orientation. I'm excited to make a connection with a school system. After I see how busy or not busy I am with the LP and RBA jobs, I will then decide if I want to put in my substitute application for Clarke County.


Right now I am enjoying a fabulous Georgia thunderstorm. Allen and I are headed to Brevard for the night. We will pick up his car and head back to GA on Friday. Our friends who go to school in Atlanta, Brittney and Sean, are coming up for the day on Saturday. The girls may take advantage of tax free weekend and the boys may take advantage of the Athens bars. Thank you again to everyone that sent me good wishes throughout the week! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment