Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mommy Visits

We had a great visit with my mom! She visited in mid-October so I apologize for just now posting about it.


Friday - Mom had a late arrival into the ATL airport. That meant Allen and I got to catch up with our Atlanta friends, Brittney and Sean. We finally got to see their awesome new apartment which is situated in a great neighborhood and Allen got his frozen yogurt fix. We finally made it back to our apartment after 2 AM - much later than mom and my bedtimes. 

Saturday - Mom got the grand tour of Athens. We had lunch at the Athens Bagel Company. Neither Allen nor I had been there yet. Delicious! We stopped next door to check out a great little used books store. For dinner we ate at the Big City Bread Cafe. In case I haven't raved about this restaurant yet, it is amazing. I think it is my favorite place in Athens. I am completely in love with their outside dining area, although it was a little too cold to eat outside when we went. 

Sunday - We picked up lunch from Ike and Jane's. See earlier posts about how delicious their menu is. Then I got to show Mom Athens Academy. She was impressed - as she should be! :) For dinner I made a delicious yet healthy Rachel Ray chicken parmesan. Yum! 

Monday - Allen had class so Mom and I did a little shopping. We went up to the outlets at Commerce. And boy, did we have a haul! Mom and I both got a new sweater and new purses. I picked up my favorite scented candle form Bath and Body works (4 of them). Addison Grace (my newborn niece) will be sporting her new onesies in a few months. And, as per Allen's request, we picked up a pari of "sweet boxers" just for a few laughs. He wore his "lucky duckies" later than week and earned a 100% on a history quiz. Dinner, however, may have been the highlight of the day. I made Melting Pot worth fondue. It was amazing! 



Tuesday - We said goodbye early that morning at the ATL airport. :( Allen and I were both sad to see her go.

We are looking forward to her next visit to the classic city sometime in 2013. Love you Mom! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment