Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Hobby

I decided I needed a hobby. Something I am good at (or could be good at), something I enjoyed doing, and something that I didn't want to try to make into a career. I landed on sewing. Now, I have had some experience with sewing. I can make a pretty great blanket that folds up into a pillow. But I am by no means an expert. In spite of that, I decided I wanted to try to make an article of clothing. Here's how it went...

Ole trusty

Getting my pin cushion ready

The middle dress is the goal

The fabric

All cut out

The bodice - check out those darts! :)

The skirt - check out those pleats! 

Skirt all put together

The binding...

The binding on the arm holes and neckline

It's starting to look like a dress.


(((I failed to take a picture of the zipper. This was, hands down, the most challenging part of the dress.)))


Ah! It fits!!.....

...Kinda... Needed to take the bodice in a bit. 

The finished product! The belt ties in a bow but it's hard to see in this picture.


I am so very proud of myself! All and all, it took me about 5 days but not working around the clock. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty cute. Can't wait to wear it out for the first time this weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment