Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dancing Again

I know there have been some points in my life when I wanted to quit, give up, and never dance again. I take it all back! I have really been missing dance lately. I haven't been craving any particular style, really. I would even be trilled to have my butt handed to me by Delia's ballet class. However, I haven't found a studio that is in my budget.

BUT

I then I found Classic City Swing. It is a weekend long conference-thing that consists of social dances, lessons, and workshops. Now mind you, I haven't Charleston'ed since sophomore year in Karen's vintage jazz class, but I figured I'd give it a go. The class that really struck my interest was the Burlesque class. I worked up enough gumption to go by myself... and I'm glad I did! I really enjoy the class. It was cardio, fun, and sassy!

At the end of class I thanked the instructor, told her I was new in town, and asked about the dance scene in Athens. She told me that Dance FX (the studio we were at) held the very same class weekly that she just taught. She also told me that she dances with the company The Modern Pin-Ups. They already had auditions for the company, but may be looking for interns. So she gave me her email address and told me to let her know if I had any questions. I've already sent her an email and can't wait to hear back!

Hooray for dancing again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment