Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November is for Giving Thanks (#11-20)

11.  Mondays: Okay, that isn't entirely true. Monday suck. Anyone will tell you that. But I am so thankful that I use my cell phone as an alarm clock to get out of my warm bed. Then I hop in the shower because I have clean water to do so. Then I drive in my own working vehicle to work where I sit at a computer and utilize high speed internet all day. I typically bring my own lunch, but if for some reason I forget it, I can afford going next door to pick something up. Then at the end of the day, I do have to fight traffic to get home to our two bedroom apartment where I am lovingly greeted by my caring fiance. Sometimes we all take for granted the mundane cycle of day-to-day happenings. But really, I am so lucky to have all of these wonderful things in my life.
12.  Popcorn (the cat): My sweet kitty had to be put down this morning. He found us when I was in 6th grade. He lived 12 wonderful years with us and he will be deeply missed.
13.  Cold weather: Not that I love cold weather, but I love what comes with it - sweaters, gloves, and warm apple cider. A good chunk of North Carolina even got snow! In November! Can you imagine? We may be in store for a cold winter, friends.
14.  Terrible TV shows: Thursday is Grey's Anatomy night. Yes, it's a terrible drama, but I love it. I also love Say Yes to the Dress, Guys Grocery Wars, and House Hunters. Everyone needs some mindless TV time every now and then.
15.  My family: I am always so proud of my current and future family. But there is one particular family member I have to brag on today. My mother successfully defended her doctoral defense today! She's graduating in December, folks! :)
16.  Embracing my inner girliness: We had a photo shoot for the Modern Pin-Ups today. Sometimes it is a lot of fun doing your hair, putting on ridiculous amounts of makeup, and wearing flirty dresses.
17.  Crafts: I began my Christmas crafts today. Sorry I can't share pictures yet.
18.  Fall colors: I have the most beautiful Maple tree outside of my office window. See the picture below. Obviously, it doesn't do it justice, but man is it red!
19.  My job: Today was the Investiture of the new UGA president. As you can imagine, Parking Services played a huge role in getting the 1000+ anticipated guests settled in for the event. The event could not have gone more smoothly and we got some amazing feedback from the guests. I love when things go as planned!
20.  Sleep: The past few weeks have left me fairly sleep deprived. I allowed myself and early bedtime tonight and loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment