Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall Recap

It is entirely possible that this has been the busiest Fall ever, and it's only halfway through! We've been traveling, working, and wedding planning. But above all, we have been enjoying these beautiful Fall colors! Here's a quick recap of life since September.



At the beginning of September, we finalized the wedding party. It was such a relief to have the first thing for the wedding finalized! Here's the lineup:

  • Maid on Honor: Paige (Laura's best friend)
  • Best Man: Aaron (Allen's brother)
  • Bridesmaids: Marisa (Laura's cousin), Brittney (Friend of Laura and Allen), and Amanda (Allen's sister)
  • Groomsmen: Andrew (Allen's best friend), Sean (Friend from Architecture school), and Colin (Friend from Architecture school)
  • Flower girls: Addie Grace (Laura's family friend), Maggie (Allen's cousin), and Kendall (Allen's cousin)
  • Ring bearer: Liam (Laura's family friend)


Mid-September we went looking at venues. We check out two places in the Brevard area. The first was the Brevard Lumber Yard. We liked the space and the flexibility of the venue, but it was very new to the wedding scene which made us nervous. The second place we visited was Jeter Mountain Farm. It's about halfway between Brevard and Henderosnville. We fell in love with this venue! It is a repurposed equestrian center with beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces. So we set the date, and booked it! 



With these big wedding tasks complete, I was able to put our wedding website together. It is still a work in progress, but I plan on keeping it updated for all of our out of town guests. Enjoy! http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Laura-and-Allen



Allen has been busy with school work. His thesis work is really starting to pick up. Don't ask me what his topic is. He changes it every other week so I have no clue what he's doing now! :) I have also been busy at work. I am still loving my job and my co-workers. I mean, how could I not be excited when we get surprise treats such as these:




A few small, yet exciting things happened at the end of September:

 Allen got his first pairs of glasses and contacts.

Cook Out has come to Athens! 

ESPN College Gameday also came to Athens.



Then came October. We started the month by hitting the one year mark from our wedding day! The next day we took engagement pictures with my Maid of Honor, Paige. We took over 900 pictures so we only have a few back for now. But I can't wait to see more! 







The third week of October was a blur. Here's what we did:

The Modern Pin-Ups had their first show! We had a record breaking audience. It was a wonderful evening! 

Dad and Sherry got married!

And within a matter of minutes, I gained four siblings.

I guess the next wedding we will attend will be our own! :)


Later that weekend, Mom and I went dress shopping. Sorry I can't post pictures of that! We had a strong favorite, but by no means are we done looking! :)



The last week of October was filled with all things Fall. I made a big batch of Brunswick Stew in the crockpot. Brunswick Stew has to be one of my favorite things. It's perfect for warming you from the inside out those cold evenings. I also made Halloween festive funfetti cupcakes. Another favorite of mine. Then we celebrated Halloween itself. All the girls at work dressed up as nerds.





And that brings us to November. Once again, our calendar is pretty full but it's filled with wonderful things. As an added bonus let me share two other fun pictures with you. One,a picture of the Parking Services Operations Team with Harry Dawg. And the second, a beautiful sunrise the morning of Halloween.





No comments:

Post a Comment