Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall-ing for Athens

Autumn has arrived in Athens! The weather is getting cooler with the night lows in the mid 40's and the highs in the 70's. We've both been wearing jeans and sweatshirts to work. I speak for both of us when I say Fall is the best! We've gotten into the fall spirit in a couple different ways...


#1 - Another plant. Yes, for some reason I have allowed Allen to bring another plant into our apartment. But it is safe to say, I may have been a little excited when I first saw it. It is a Croton Mammy. We have two other Croton family plants so he fits in quite nicely. But as you can see, he his a little large. He is currently residing in our guest room.


#2 - Magic Mesh! I never thought I would own something that I saw advertised on TV, but this was perfect for our back door. Installation was a breeze and we love getting fresh air into the apartment.


#3 - Foooooood. With the weather cooling down, I have been making heartier dinners. For our month-aversary I made stuffed peppers. Allen had never had them before but I think I may have found his new favorite food. He loved it! It was pretty good, if I say so myself. Next time I think I'll add some tomato sauce to make bring it together a little better, but it was quite delicious.


No home football games for a while so we haven't been able to enjoy that aspect of Fall, but otherwise the season is coming along quite nicely. We are excited about the things yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment