Monday, January 28, 2013

Pinterest

I was skeptical at first. I figured Pinterest was just for silly girls planning their future weddings before they were even in a relationship. But, I was wrong (well, not completely wrong). Yes, there are a lot of girls posting inspirations of their idea bridal hairdos and guest favors, but there is a lot more to it than that. For instance, in the past two weeks I have tired four Pinterest recipes.


  • Broccoli Casserole
    • Kind of a bust. Allen really enjoyed it, but it didn't hold together very well as a casserole. Would have made a better side dish than a main course. Taste wasn't bad though.
  • Crockpot Lasagna 
    • Delish! This is going to become a go-to recipe for sure! I made it with ground turkey instead of ground beef and it was just as delicious. My favorite part about this recipe is that I didn't have to cook anything beforehand. Just dropped everything in the pot as is and left it alone. 
  • Lemon pasta with chicken and spinach
    • Delish x2! This is another recipe that might become bi-weekly. I didn't follow direction exactly, but I did basically the same thing. Yum yum yum! 
  • Crockpot beef and broccoli 
    • Another yummy experiment. Definitely fixed my Chinese food craving (I've been getting that a lot lately). Not sure when I'll make it again, but it was yummy for sure! 
So all in all, 3 out of 4 isn't too bad! 

I'm also finding a lot of art projects I want to do with my kids (my current students - not my future offspring). The parents are going to loooove what their kids come home with! I'm also finding useful things such as how to clean my makeup brushes (because ewww, they do get really gross). I have a ton of crafts and sewing project I've found that I cannot wait to attempt! 

Okay, so I eat my words. Pinterest is not as terrible as I thought it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment